Daily Archives: May 26, 2011
The two citizenship benefits that have drawn the most attention in the birthright citizenship debate are, first, food assistance and other welfare benefits to which a family of illegal aliens would not otherwise have access, and second, the ability of the child when he grows up to legalize his parents, and also to bring into the United States his foreign-born spouse and any foreign-born siblings. The sponsored spouse can, in turn, sponsor her own foreign-born parents and siblings, and the siblings can, in turn, sponsor their own foreign-born spouses, and so on, generating a virtually never-ending and always-expanding migration chain.
Here’s a snippet from this website that clearly spells out what we MUST do NOW:
- Some eminent scholars and jurists have concluded that it is within the power of Congress to define the scope of the Citizenship Clause through legislation and that birthright citizenship for the children of temporary visitors and illegal aliens could likely be abolished by statute without amending the Constitution.
The international findings in this report are the result of direct communication with foreign government officials and analysis of relevant foreign law. It is the most current research on global birthright citizenship data.
The Impact of Birthright Citizenship
Between 300,000 and 400,000 children are born to illegal immigrants in the United States every year. Put another way, as many as one out of 10 births in the United States is to an illegal immigrant mother.2 All of these children are considered by the executive branch of the U.S. government to be U.S. citizens who enjoy the same rights and are entitled to the same benefits as the children of U.S. citizens.
The population of U.S.-born children with illegal alien parents has expanded rapidly in recent years from 2.3 million in 2003 to 4 million in 2008; since these figures do not include children who are 18 years of age or older nor those who are married, the actual figure is somewhat larger.3
- To sell the repeal of birthright citizenship, Republicans like Vitter lie about scope of ‘baby tourism’ (crooksandliars.com)
- RonPaul: Rethinking Birthright Citizenship -maybe one of many reasons why he should not be President & the use of generalities (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Arizona Senate Votes Down Birthright Citizenship Bill, Four Other Immigration Bills (tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com)
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Never-before-heard tapes of Jackie Kennedy in conversation with historian Arthur M. Schlesinger are to be released by ABC News for o the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy Administration.
The network announced Wednesday that the recordings, made in the spring of 1964 and sealed until now, will be the basis of a series of special reports in which the former first lady shared her impressions of life with her husband, President John F. Kennedy. The eight hours of tapes were left to daughter Caroline Kennedy.
Scroll through the photos and the activities of the Obamas while in England. I really like the McQueen outfit she wore to speak to group at Oxford. I think I will make that puppy at home on one of my machines. You could belt it or find a similar white tunic the pants are easy. Looking good Michelle.
- Michelle Obama Gets Glam For The Queen [PHOTOS] (hellobeautiful.com)
- President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama’s state visit to UK a big hit (dominicatimes.wordpress.com)
- Kate Middleton Meets Michelle Obama, Weirdness Ensues For Millions Of Americans (thegloss.com)