Daily Archives: June 2, 2011
The shooter apparently took his own life, the Sun reported.
Yuma police spokesman Clint Norred told the Sun that the shootings were connected.
Four fatalities took place in the county and the fifth person was killed inside Yuma, a city of 91,000 along the Colorado River.
The downtown Yuma victim was attorney Jerrold Shelley, who was shot and killed, colleagues told the Sun. Norred would not confirm victims’ identities.
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office was called to the first scene this morning, when the body of a woman was found in a yard at Avenue 35-1/2E and Old Highway 80, the Sun said.
- Simon Cowell issues rallying call to ‘risky’ new X Factor judges ahead of first audition (mirror.co.uk)
- Simon A Victim Of Bad Botox?! (wycd.radio.com)
Who knew? I am not surprised. But this is not news just documented what most Americans already know—if it quacks like a liberal it probably is one i.e., a hidden one.
The book makes the case that TV industry executives, writers and producers use their clout to advance a liberal political agenda. The author bases his thesis on, among other things, 39 taped interviews that he’ll roll out piecemeal during the next three weeks.
The Hollywood Reporter obtained several of the not-yet-released clips. Each contains a snippet of an interview, usually some historical footage of the TV shows the interviewee was responsible for and, naturally, a plea to purchase the book, “Primetime Propaganda” by Ben Shapiro and published by Broad Side, an imprint of HarperCollins.
In one video, “Friends” co-creator Marta Kauffman says that when she cast Candace Gingrich-Jones, half-sister of Republican former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, as the minister of a lesbian wedding, “There was a bit of [a middle finger] in it to the right wing.”
- “Primetime Propaganda” (powerlineblog.com)
- TV Is Biased and That’s a Good Thing (macleans.ca)
- Audio: More of what Hollywood really thinks about conservatives (hotair.com)
- Interviewing Ben Shapiro On His New Book, “Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV.” (rightwingnews.com)