John Edwards Day In Court–Could Lose Law License
Washington (CNN) – The Justice Department has authorized prosecutors to bring criminal charges against former presidential candidate and Senator John Edwards, sources with knowledge of the investigation confirm to CNN.
An indictment could be averted if prosecutors and lawyers for Edwards reach a plea deal.
Edwards is aware the government is preparing to bring an indictment and is now considering his options, one source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN.
The government wants Edwards to plead guilty to a felony, but he doesn’t want to do that because he would lose his law license, a source close to the Edwards family told CNN. Edwards has talked to friends and associates about wanting to start a public interest law firm, and “doesn’t want to lose his license, not to mention he is terrified of going to jail,” the source added.
- Breaking!! Justice Department To Prosecute John Edwards (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Former Democrat Senator John Edwards to be indicted (ironmill.wordpress.com)
- John Edwards under criminal investigation (capitolhillblue.com)
- Federal indictment looms for John Edwards (salon.com)
- John Edwards Faces Possible Indictment for Affair Cover-up (blogs.abcnews.com)
Posted on May 25, 2011, in Money Trough, Pig Trough, Political Trough, white men behaving badly and tagged campaign funds, cnn, coverup affair, Indictment, john edwards, lies, North Carolina, Plea bargain, Prosecutor, reille hunter, sex, United States Department of Justice, Washington. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.