Tiger holds press conference Obama calls press conference
What’s Tiger going to announce? What’s Obama going to announce? They have both called press conferences today.
I caught some of President Obama’s press conference while working out. He would not go into specifics and would not talk about what he might agree to in terms of raising the debt ceiling. The debt ceiling is somehow tied into the 14th amendment. And listening to Rush Limbaugh just now who said that entitlement programs are not a part of the debt ceiling. That is they are not a reason to raise the debt ceiling and that the bond holders must be paid in the currency of the moment and not gold.
Some speculate that Tiger will call it quits for the season and some say Obama will use the press as a bully pulpit. Have to wait and see.
- One Day After Dems Propose $2 Trillion In New Taxes, Obama Says “Nobody’s Talking About Increasing Taxes” … Proposes New Taxes 9 Minutes Later (caseyhendrickson.wordpress.com)
- Watch Live: President Obama Holds a Press Conference Today at 11:00 a.m. EDT (whitehouse.gov)
- “Eat Our Peas” – Obama Pushes for Big Grand Bargain at Press Conference (news.firedoglake.com)
- Where Has This Obama Been? (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Obama says he’s ‘bent over backwards’ to get debt deal with GOP (thehill.com)
- Obama Holding Debt Ceiling Press Conference (huffingtonpost.com)
Posted on July 11, 2011, in Government Trough, TV Trough and tagged BarackObama, Ceiling, Debt, John Boehner, News conference, republican, rush limbaugh, United States, White house. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.