Daily Archives: August 25, 2011
The new head of Apple, the new CEO is Tim Cook and he gay. Is that a big deal or not? Will the media care or will you care?
- Tim Cook: New Apple CEO and Most Powerful Gay in America (sfist.com)
- Tim Cook succeeds Steve Jobs as CEO of Apple (pinkbananaworld.com)
The new planet is far denser than any other known so far and consists largely of carbon. Because it is so dense, scientists calculate the carbon must be crystalline, so a large part of this strange world will effectively be diamond.
“The evolutionary history and amazing density of the planet all suggest it is comprised of carbon — i.e., a massive diamond orbiting a neutron star every two hours in an orbit so tight it would fit inside our own Sun,” said Matthew Bailes of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne.
- The Biggest Diamond in the Universe Is Actually a Planet [Space] (gizmodo.com)
- I Claim It, It’s Mine: Planet Made Of Diamond (geekologie.com)
Caleb Joshua Malboeuf, 26, and David Wayne Malboeuf, 24, were charged with starting the so-called Wallow Fire on May 29, in the Apache Sitgreaves National Forest in eastern Arizona, the U.S. Attorney’s office said in a news release.
The blaze raged for more than a month, scorching three dozen homes and businesses and displacing up to 10,000 people at its peak, while roaring through 840 square miles of ponderosa pine forests in eastern Arizona and into New Mexico.
The fire zone lies in the heart of the White Mountains, a picturesque area dotted with vacation cabins and popular as a retreat for Arizonans seeking to escape the summer heat. Fighting it cost over $79 million.
- Cousins Blamed for Massive Arizona Wildfire – WTMA (news.google.com)
- Despite McCain’s attack, AZ fire not caused by illegal immigrants (americablog.com)
Hurricaine Irene is a bitch. And she has her eye on the entire east coast. The real beast from the east. We need the rain and the cooler temps maybe we will get some water from Irene but that may not be the case. The refining centers on the east coast are also in the line of water. So prepare for gas to go up in the next few days.
East coast cities cannot afford this because they are hurting in the pocketbook. But like all bad weather even though Obama did not cause it it could really put the kabash on his re election chances. I’ve seen it before. Katrina happened in Bush’s second term so he was set to do nothing any damn way. He was just elected and he could not give a fuck about NOLA. But if NOLA had happened in his first term he might not have been re elected.
- Check the Shore For Seashells After Hurricane Irene Passes (seashellsbymillhill.wordpress.com)
- Hurricane Irene Rages Toward East Coast (wycd.radio.com)
- VIDEO: Irene edges closer to US coast (bbc.co.uk)