Monthly Archives: January 2012
http://www.breitbart.tv/morning-joe-to-howard-dean-i-dont-need-lectures-from-you/ video of the big dustup
In case you missed Morning Joe this morning: Joe is waiting in the wings in Florida for the debate tonight and the vote on 31st of January. He and Howard Dean start talking about education and Washington DC‘s failed schools. They keep talking then it erupts into a talk-over. They start talking over each other. Joe told Dean that the Dems and congress ruined education in DC. And that for the past 15 years he has been an advocate for education and that he “Did not need a lecture on education from Dean” Whoa.
Dean looked really red faced and shut up. Then the other people in the studio started talking and the commercial. Joe kinda apologized to Dean after the commercial. Joe said he was on flu meds and if he was a little more hostile than usual. He invited Dean to come on the show in New Jersey about education. Dean agreed. But it was looking really hostile for a minute.
- Rick Santorum Shares Memory Of Joe Scarborough Running Across House Floor Yelling ‘I’m Here Because Of You!’ (mediaite.com)
- Chris Christie Slams Eugene Robinson On Morning Joe: ‘Shouldn’t Have A Platform To Speak’ (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC’s Ad for ‘Morning Joe’ Stuffed With Praise from Show’s Own Guests and Deals (newsbusters.org)
Now that the star of A Better Life Mexican actor Demian Bichir has been given the Oscar nod for best actor people want to know who he is. All because they probably did not see the film in the first place. I just rented it from Netflix last week.
It is about a man and his son, the dad is illegal and the son is an anchor baby. It opens with Demian going to work in a truck with his Mexican boss who works for the rich gringos in California trimming their large palm trees. Demian’s boss keeps pushing him to buy the truck and start his own business and to make a better life for himself. Demian resists because he does not have a legal license and fears he will be caught and jailed because of it.
He was right about that. He asks his sister for the 10K that his boss wants for the truck and all the tools as well. Sounds like a good deal. So with the money he buys the truck and goes to a local spot where he once stood to pick up a Mexican illegal to work for him now.
He choses an older man who looks trustworthy. But when Demian goes up the tree and leaves his keys on the ground you know what that old man did? Santiago grabs the keys and runs for the truck and drives off just as Demian manages to get down from the tree to catch him.
The rest of the film is about him and his son tracking down Santiago and the truck. I won’t spoil the ending for you if you have not seen it. It’s well acted and poignant. I guess the Hollywood libs want us to bleed for the poor illegals yet again.
- Who The Hell Is Demian Bichir? (thedailybeast.com)
- Demián Bichir, Star of A Better Life and Surprise Oscar Nominee (newsfeed.time.com)
- Who Is Demian Bichir? (news.moviefone.com)
President Kennedy recorded more than 260 hours of his life in the White House, unbeknownst to even his top aides. Now the Kennedy library has released (free download) the final 45 hours of the archives, providing a rare window into Kennedy’s life in the three months before his assassination in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. The Daily Beast rounds up the most interesting excerpts.
1. Fretting Over Income Inequality
In a conversation with aides that could come straight out of a modern White House, Kennedy worries about income inequality and the difficulty of appealing to young voters. “What is it we have to sell them?” Kennedy asks an aide in November 1963. “We hope we have to sell them prosperity, but for the average guy the prosperity is nil. He’s not unprosperous but he’s not very prosperous; he’s not going to make out well off. And the people who really are well off hate our guts.”
- 45 Hours Of JFK Audio Tapes To Be Released Today (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- JFK Library To Release Last Of Secret Tapes (dfw.cbslocal.com)
- Kennedy Library Releases Private Tapes Of JFK’s Final Days (boston.cbslocal.com)
Actress in a Leading Role
- Glenn Close in “Albert Nobbs“
- Viola Davis in “The Help”
- Rooney Mara in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”
- Meryl Streep in “The Iron Lady“
- Michelle Williams in “My Week with Marilyn“
Actress in a Supporting Role
- Bérénice Bejo in “The Artist”
- Jessica Chastain in “The Help”
- Melissa McCarthy in “Bridesmaids”
- Janet McTeer in “Albert Nobbs”
- Octavia Spencer in “The Help”
and for best picture “The Descendants” made the list. I don’t think so.
- “The Artist” Thomas Langmann, Producer
- “The Descendants” Jim Burke, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Producers
- “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” Scott Rudin, Producer
- “The Help” Brunson Green, Chris Columbus and Michael Barnathan, Producers
- “Hugo” Graham King and Martin Scorsese, Producers
- “Midnight in Paris” Letty Aronson and Stephen Tenenbaum, Producers
- “Moneyball” Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz and Brad Pitt, Producers
- “The Tree of Life” Nominees to be determined
- “War Horse” Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers
I blogged The Help and I think I predicted it would be a part of the Oscars and it is. It might be this years “Precious” who knew? Black women did not like this film because again it pictures black women in subsurvient roles to the almight white woman. What else is news?
I saw at least four of these films but not all.
- Oscar Nominations Predictions (tvhappyplace.com)
- Some Last-Minute Oscar Nomination Predictions, Because I Like Procrastinating (confessionsofafilmaholic.wordpress.com)
Nikki Haley is of Indian ethnicity. Indian is NOT a race it is a brown ethnic group found within the Caucasian persuasion. I don’t know why people insist on equating north Indians, not Native Americans, as black or minority. They are in NO way black, they have melanin, but are not browns. It’s like saying a dark Italian who lives here is a minority. Yes, in the sense that they are part of a ethnic group like Mediterranean, which is one classification of white folks.
Not everyone is Anglo-Saxon. That is not the only way to be white. One way is to come to America and you will be granted whiteness when you get off the boat or plane or out of the Rio Grande. Mexicans are white according to the government, your feds. It’s also been boiled down to two ethnic groups: hispanic and non hispanic. Nikki would be a non hispanic white or Asian. But technically Asians are Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. Asia is a country. Pakistanis, Iranians, and Persians (Indians) are Aryans by birth by language root because they are part of the Indo-European language family.
- Black Leaders to SC Gov: You’re a Minority, Too (theroot.com)
- A conservative’s crusade against Gov. Nikki Haley (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Unpopular South Carolina Governor, Nikki Haley, Loses in Her Bid to Return Her State to “Jim Crow” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
At Sundance Film festival Tracy was getting an award. He was also getting escorted out of the building for intoxication. Outside he fell over and was rushed to the hospital.
in south Carolina primary.
- MSM Outlets Call Gingrich SC Winner While Vote Counts Show Romney Ahead by Far (alternativenewsreport.net)
- South Carolina Calls It For Newt (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich Gob-smacks John King and Romney in S.C. (heloise8.wordpress.com)
Newt may beat Romn by double digits exit pollS showing
He told the court Tuesday that he had never talked to Jorelys before the day of her murder. He said he devised a plan after he found one of her skates.
Brunn took a picture of the skate and approached her with it, asking if the skate was hers. She said yes, and Brunn promised to take her to it.
Instead, he took her to an empty apartment and instructed Jorelys to pull down her pants. He then put tape over her face and cut her throat with a razor. At this point, she was still alive, he told the court.
He said that he then took Jorelys to the bathroom and beat her to death with the skate. He said he did not have sex with the girl.
Increasingly, Brunn told the court, he grew concerned about what he had done. So he took a receipt, wrote on the back of it, “She is in the trash can,” and taped it to the compactor.
He admitted lying to investigators who had questioned him about the case. Brunn said he knew right from wrong, adding he “never had an idea of killing a child in my life.” http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/justice/georgia-murderer-suicide/index.html
- Guilty plea, life sentence in Jorelys Rivera murder (ajc.com)
- Man guilty of killing Ga girl; body found in trash (mysanantonio.com)
— Etta James, whose assertive, earthy voice lit up such hits as “The Wallflower,” “Something’s Got a Hold on Me” and the wedding favorite “At Last,” has died, according to her longtime friend and manager, Lupe De Leon. She was 73.
She died from complications from leukemia with her husband, Artis Mills, and her sons by her side, De Leon said.
She was diagnosed with leukemia in 2010, and also suffered from dementia and hepatitis C. James died at a hospital in Riverside, California. She would have turned 74 Wednesday.
- Etta James Taken Off Respirator, Breating On Her Own! (hellobeautiful.com)
- Etta James is Terminally Ill — Doctor Asks for Prayers (tmz.com)