Olbermann gets the boot again. This time al gore owner of current TV has dumped Keith.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Halle and Olivier star in Dark Tide a new movie that comes out today March 30 and one that probably sucks.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2122580/Yes-know-engaged-Halle-Berry-help-flaunt-emerald-sparkler-fiance-Olivier-Martin.html
And just two weeks ago the French actor confirmed that they are indeed planning to tie the knot.
Martinez was at the opening of his new restaurant Villa Azur in South Beach when he spoke of the happy news.
‘Yes, of course it’s true,’ the 46-year-old told The Miami Herald proudly.
But Martinez also wanted to dispel a report from a jeweller who had been bragging he had designed the ring for the bride-to-be.
- Olivier Martinez confirms engagement to Halle Berry – Washington Post (blog) (washingtonpost.com)
- Halle Berry Engaged to Olivier Martinez!!! (binsidetv.net)
- It’s Official! Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez Are Gettin’ Hitched! (pinkisthenewblog.com)
There are some strange parallels between TraYvon Martin and one Malcolm X. What are they exactly? Malcolm was a petty thief, then burglar in Boston before he got that X after his name. Somebody shot him while he spoke, but he could have been shot well before he became famous. He would not have died famously but rather in infamy.
Will TraYvon’s end be infamous after the truth comes out. As I said in an earlier post the only people I’ve ever feared or felt that my kids had to fear was a gang of group of black boys up to no good. I’ve been confronted by that in my lifetime and they weren’t whites that’s for sure.
The only problem I’ve had with whites has been that of racial slights, comments or something below the radar never anything I would call menacing. If what George Zimmerman said or alleged is true that Trayvon attacked him from behind and then fought or reached for his gun then he earned the right for someone to fend him off by any means available.
If things don’t pan out and there was a rush to judgment then the black community will have black faces with egg on it. I too want to see the photos with George and his busted nose. Often people don’t know their nose is broken until days have passed that is not uncommon because there are no bones in the nose.
Let’s see how long this will last and how many hoodies wind up on Capital Hill like Bobby Rush today. I think that is purely ridiculous for a grown-ass man to do what he did: pull off his jacket and don a hood because he wore a hoodie under his suit. And then quoted from the Bible about retribution. Shameless another Rush but this one is a lefty.
- The teen was suspended from school three times
- He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a ‘marijuana pipe’ and a baggie with drug residue
- Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a ‘burglary tool’ and a bag full of women’s jewelry
- Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness
- Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign
- New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested
- Trayvon Martin, MULTIPLE suspensions (halfsigma.com)
- “What Everyone Needs To Know About The Smear Campaign Against Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)” (slog.thestranger.com)
- School Report: Trayvon Was Suspended With ‘Buglary Tool’ (newser.com)
Oh La Jackie O: “Dreaming in French: The Paris Years of Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, Susan Sontag and Angela Davis”
Jacqueline Bouvier arrived in 1949, to a Paris that was, literally, black. Its white stone buildings hadn’t been cleaned of street soot since the war. This, like the ration card issued to Bouvier for sugar and coffee, is the sort of detail that sketches an entire mode of life, scrimping and shadowed. Kaplan is a master at delivering such details and at selecting just the right aspect of everyday experience to illuminate an important point she wants to make.
In the section on Sontag, Kaplan notes, “There’s rarely a published account of Parisian intellectual life in the 1950s — French or American — that doesn’t involve hotel rooms.” Sontag, who, unlike Bouvier and Davis, spoke only “elementary” French during her 1957 sojourn to Paris,
Even Breitbart.com got it wrong. George is a white man. And yes Hispanics are white. I think they are Asians who are mixed with European and Indian blood making them Eurasians but I have no say in the matter.
In case you missed it Hispanic is not a race but an ethnicity, an ethnic group. The person from south of the border can be Hispanic and black or white. In Zimmerman’s case, even with the fat jowls, he is a white man first and of Hispanic origin.
The federal government for some time now has classified Hispanics who look white and don’t have African roots or parents who are AA as white. Even in cases here where the student clearly looks mixed with black they are still labeled as “white.”
Move over white people you have the whole entire Hispanic ethnic group, who are not black, or don’t look black properly or improperly labeled “WHITE.” So get over it.
The Trayvon killing was a white on black crime.
- Two-sides to a story! Media covering only the dead victim. (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)
- Breitbart.com Says: Hispanics Are Not ‘White’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- NYT: George Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic crime watch volunteer in Sanford, Fla. (lukeford.net)
- Race and Privilege in Trayvon Martin’s Death (theroot.com)
My two now-grown children were teens in the 1990s. We lived in Carbondale, IL at the time. There were two sides of town the black east side and the white west side. When I went to rent the woman tried to steer me to the black side but I told her I was a grad student and needed a quiet place. So, we ended up on the white side of town, mostly, and my kids went to a mostly white high school and their friends were white and black.
I recall telling my son not to bring home any babies out of wedlock. That to have fun but to graduate high school. Be a child when you are a child and a teen when a teen and when a man be a man.
I warned him that if he did not live right that the only choices for a bad black boy were either death or prison. My son did go astray for a while dropping out of high school and committing petty crimes that landed him in jail. We laugh about it now because when the jailers told him to call me and come and get him because they told him “you don’t belong here.” He told them she won’t come to St. Louis and get me, I was living in Chicago at the time and my transmission had gone out in the car and I had a new job. Yup they called and I said no I won’t come and get him.
They said what if we put him on a train will you pick him up at the station. I said of course. So my former mother in law and I drove and picked him up. It was unprecedented for them to send a child home with a ticket home with all charges dropped against him.
He went astray but was saved and now lives a happy life, successful life with his wife and three kids.
I was a model mother in that I told my kids I was their role model. Of course I never had drugs, had men living with me, or alcohol or cigarettes around them. But I never told my son to act a certain way in public because he was black. Since he has fair skin, green eyes, and sandy hair when young he was often mistaken for white or biracial.
After returning to Chicago in 1995 (he returned to high school in the very area where Obama was doing his community organizing!), where my kids lived most of their lives among enlightened blacks. For me the thought never crossed my mind that anyone other than some black thugs who were jealous of the way the men in our family looked and were girl magnets, were to be feared.
Fear of whites harming them because they were “black” was absolutely never an issue and was never discussed. Why? Because most of my friends were white and my children saw me associate with blacks and whites equally and in an intimate fashion as close friends who traveled together and shared hotel rooms etc.
My children today are well rounded and both married tall, dark, handsome people from Mississippi.
- Black parents live in fear after Trayvon Martin case (ajc.com)
- Should White Parents also have “the Talk”? (mommymanders.com)
- What Happens to Children Born to Adolescents (gofishministries.wordpress.com)
If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” Obama said, underscoring how the issue affected him on a personal, and not just a political or legal, level. “I think [Trayvon’s parents] are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and we are going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/obama-trayvon-martin_n_1375083.html
Some comments are suggesting that Obama has waded in because this kid was black but had nothing to say when a white kid was set afire by two black teens.: http://www.kctv5.com/story/17048649/teens-set-13-year-old-student-on-fire
To be fair the white kid did not lose his life but he was burned up pretty badly as they poured gasoline on him and threw a BIC lighter at him. They were all teens and it was not a case of a grown man chasing down a kid and killing him…lots of differences here but both may be hate crimes as the black boys said “that’s what you get white boy.” Hate crime writ large.
What about the horrible case in NJ where some Mexican thugs executed four teens in cold blood.
Today, this is on my mind because I first, accidently, called my one black student in class “Trayvon” and his name is similar to Tryavon. I quickly corrected myself before the kids realized what I said. But not sure these youngsters are aware of the media and its impact on this case.
- Obama: “If I Had A Son He’d Look Like Trayvon” (alan.com)
- Obama Speaks Out On Trayvon Martin ‘If I Had A Son, He’d Look Like Trayvon’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- I Do Have a Son Who Looks Like Trayvon (slog.thestranger.com)
Toure talking trash. He thinks there is no race or racism in America.
1. It’s unlikely but possible that you could get killed today. Or any day. I’m sorry, but that’s the truth. Black maleness is a potentially fatal condition. I tell you that not to scare you but because knowing that could save your life. There are people who will look at you and see a villain or a criminal or something fearsome. It’s possible they may act on their prejudice and insecurity. Being black could turn an ordinary situation into a life-or-death moment even if you’re doing nothing wrong.
2. If you encounter such a situation, you need to play it cool. Keep your wits about you. Don’t worry about winning the situation. Your mission is to survive.
3. There is nothing wrong with you. You’re amazing. I love you. When I look at you, I see a complex human being with awesome potential, but some others will look at you…
View original post 550 more words