Category Archives: Homme depot
People and places in the news
Oh well, I had another day at the market. I sold my two shares of GOOG because this market is just brutal. Then I thought I would put in a limit order for FB at 48.00. Hell, it never even hit that price point. Then I put in a market buy which everyone said not to do. But in this case that was the thing to do. I also put in a cancel for both my limit orders because I found that I could get it cheaper by going market.
They overpriced the IPO. Damn, they should have listened to the street on this one. The little guys like me said it was overpriced. I thought it should be in the upper teens as low limit and maybe 30 at the upper limit. Something like 19-30 in that range. Then we would have had a nice pop. Instead we got a fizzle. FB is hanging onto green by a thread.
I paid 40 because I set it at market. I put in the market order when it was listed at 38.00 but because the Nasdaq was sluggish by the time they were traded they had moved up to 40 and immediately dropped back to 38. I was not worried about having a market order for 10 shares when I saw that the market was well, not moving.
Whew, glad that’s over.
Jonathan Crawford, O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford’s husband and apparently Ms. Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, served in the East Tennessee Mounted Infantry Volunteer Militia commanded by Brigadier General R. G. Dunlap from late 1835 to late 1836. While under Dunlap’s command he was a member of Major William Lauderdale’s Battalion, and Captain Richard E. Waterhouse’s Company.
These were the troops responsible for removing Cherokee families from homes they had lived in for generations in the three states that the Cherokee Nations had considered their homelands for centuries: Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Fauxcahontas Warren’s Family Lore Is In Heap Big TroubleBonus Update: Warren Never Attended Native American Events at Harvard, Says Harvard’s Native American Program Executive Director (minx.cc)
- Elizabeth Warren and What Really Makes a Native American (usnews.com)
- Elizabeth Warren’s embattled campaign: Cherokee tie found 5 generations ago (libertyorequality.wordpress.com)
This woman looks like a typical Creole especially her coloring and eye color.
Lolo was named Lori at birth, after her mother, but started going by “Lolo, she says, in order to differentiate the two when telephone callers asking for “Lori” made the matter confusing. Though according to Lolo’s mother, “Lolo” is what she has called her daughter from birth.
A 2005 graduate of Louisiana State University, she currently resides in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and is sponsored by Asics and Oakley. She is multiracial of French, Native American, African American, and Norwegian descent. She is also actively involved in ChristianMinistry.
- Santita Jackson’s media career takes an unexpected turn Friday when she debuts as a contributor to Fox News Channel, appearing during the 7am hour of Fox & Friends. Jackson, an outspoken liberal and the eldest daughter of the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, most recently hosted middays at Midway Broadcasting urban news/talk WVON-AM (1450). Although she’s been off the air (and off the station’s payroll) since December, the door is open for her to return via syndication. “I have a great deal of respect for Santita and think she’s extremely talented,” said Melody Spann Cooper, chairman of Midway Broadcasting and general manager of WVON. “If she ever were to get a syndication deal, I would love to put her on in the evening.” Perri Small, who’s been filling Jackson’s former 9am-to-noon slot since December, is expected to be named her permanent replacement. But Cooper said it’s not official yet — despite a change to that effect on WVON’s website. “That’s not correct,” she said. “I would say it’s likely, but it’s still a little premature because it has not happened.”
Identity: Your Passport to Success by Stedman Graham at Amazon
Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power by Rachel Maddow (it has good reviews and is #10 on Amazon so if you jest luv you some gay jew then buy her book)
What has this man done other than mooch off a Oprah? I think he’s a business man and had a tough childhood but who the hell cares? I don’t. They never married and there is no wonder. He is arm candy for sure even with gray hair.
He was on Joe and the Jews (Halperin, Allen and Karins the weatherman and Maddow) this morning touting his new book I wouldn’t get out of the library.
It is probably full of platitudes about being yourself. What else is new?
- Stedman Graham stands by Oprah and OWN (thegrio.com)
- Mag Cover: Oprah & Stedman Pose for ‘O’ Delicious Issue | Concreteloop.com (thedailypot.wordpress.com)
- O Magazine Has No Love for Stedman (theroot.com)
The first of his stories, “Today, Steve is 25” was published in February 2007, 10 months after the Pikesville meeting.
That process of reporting and writing has been made into a documentary film, “Standing Silent,” directed by Scott Rosenfelt and now being shown at film festivals across the country. Partially funded by a Sundance Institute grant, it details how Jacobs, an Orthodox Jew himself, has been credited with — and criticized for — uncovering a painful secret in Baltimore’s Orthodox community.
- New Documentary About Sexual Abuse In Baltimore’s Orthodox Community (lukeford.net)
- A Jewish convert to Orthodoxy in 1897 [Ein jüdischer Konvertit zur Orthodoxen Kirche im Jahr 1897] (consensuspatrum.wordpress.com)
Surprise but not really. Gay and Jewish goes together.
Omar Sharif Jr. wrote in The Advocate, “I write this article in fear. Fear for my country, fear for my family, and fear for myself. My parents will be shocked to read it, surely preferring I stay in the shadows and keep silent, at least for the time being. But I can’t.”
Sharif expressed his disappointment at the recent parliamentary elections, writing that the revolution gave him hope for a “more tolerant and equal society,” but now he is not as hopeful.
- Omar Sharif Jr. is Gay and Half Jewish (inquisitr.com)
Since her father is white most would say that makes her white as well. Rebecca looks totally European much like Tracy Ross who also has a Jewish father. Hair type is also about the same.
Maybe this is useful. Rebecca’s mother was not “effusive” about Rebecca’s pregnancy not because she rejected the idea of a pregnancy, but because of who she was having the baby with: her Buddhist teacher who was already married and has a young child. What is a mother to do when it appears her daughter has entered into an odd threesome with a man whose prominence as a Buddhist teacher needs to be supported by the younger Walker’s fame (and income)? Needless to say, the senior Walker is skeptical of this arrangement. Choyin Rangdrol went from an Oakland Afrocentric denizen to an “International Buddhist” with the help of Walker’s pushing his book. And what of the white mother of Choyin’s other young child? Rebecca is so obsessed with competing with Alice Walker’s fame by airing her personal issues and neuroses in public, that she cannot see that she is the one who continues to alienate people with her obsessive narcissism. Most of us just get therapy. http://not-quite-sure.blogspot.com/2007/03/rebecca-walker.html
Walker was born Rebecca Leventhal in Jackson, Mississippi, the daughter of Alice Walker, the African-American author of The Color Purple, and Mel Leventhal, a Jewish American lawyer. After her parents divorced, she spent her childhood alternating every two years between her father’s home in the largely Jewish Riverdale section of the Bronx in New York City and her mother’s largely African-American environment in San Francisco, where she attended The Urban School of San Francisco. When she was 18, she decided to change her surname from Leventhal to Walker, her mother’s maiden name.
- Rebecca Walker, daughter of Alice Walker, talks ‘Black Cool’ and the split from her famous mom (thegrio.com)
- Rebooting the Idea of ‘Black Cool’ (thedailybeast.com)
- Melissa Harris-Perry to get show on MSNBC (heloise8.wordpress.com)
Jeremy Lin a taiwanese American who hàppens to wear my lucky number 17 which is my sun degrees and it is now a hot seller. I do like basketball because you can get it. Might have to catch the game. I recall the six wins Michael Jordan gaveChicago back when. Thank you spike lee for telling me what is behind the buzz global over Lin
Lin is truly over the top he gets them Lin every time.
- Spike Lee, newspapers, fans go Linsane with Jeremy Lin headlines (thestar.com)
- Linsanity (jogamel88.wordpress.com)
- Man Who Owns Linsanity.com Tried To Trademark “Linsanity” Last Week, Wasn’t Fast Enough [Linsanity] (deadspin.com)
MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY whose show will bear her name “Melissa Harris-Perry”
TO DEBUT WEEKEND PROGRAM ON MSNBC (where my old boss Aretha Marshall works–I wonder, since she is in charge of hiring talent DID she play a role in hiring women who look like her! Especially Alex Wagner)
—FEBRUARY 4th 10 AM-NOON ET–or pushed back to Feb 18?
“UP W/CHRIS HAYES” TO AIR 8-10 AM ET SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
NEW YORK—January 5, 2012—MSNBC contributor Melissa Harris-Perry is the latest addition to MSNBC’s expanding weekend lineup. Her new program, set to air Saturdays and Sundays 10a-noon ET, will debut on MSNBC February 4th. The announcement was made by MSNBC President Phil Griffin.
I mentioned her in a blog http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/the-age-of-opinion/
And what would this hour of power be without a woman? Melissa Harris-Perry, writer and professor at Tulane University, has been popping up like dandelions in a hot rainy spring. She’s everywhere these days after making frequent appearances on the Rachel Maddow Show. I don’t think anyone could have assembled more staunch supporters of President Obama. They comprise the new insiders, as long as Obama is president. Then there are the outsiders: Tavis Smiley and Cornell West. They are undertaking a bus poverty tour and asking Obama not to change the subject. The subject is jobs, jobs for the black community who is hurting at 16 percent unemployment nationally. Shouting matches have been breaking out all over national television between authentic blacks and plantation politicians. Both terms have been around for decades, but in the age of opinion they take on new meaning in light of this country’s first “black” president.
Read more: http://blogcritics.org/politics/article/the-age-of-opinion/page-2/#ixzz1lBJWJRVz
- Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC Show Gets Title And New Date (huffingtonpost.com)
- Melissa Harris-Perry’s New MSNBC Weekend Show Has A Name: Melissa Harris-Perry (mediaite.com)
- TheGrio’s 100: Melissa Harris-Perry, bringing race and politics to the forefront (thegrio.com)
- Melissa Harris-Perry to get show on MSNBC (heloise8.wordpress.com)