Category Archives: The Reel Trough
Where the imagination begins
- Santita Jackson’s media career takes an unexpected turn Friday when she debuts as a contributor to Fox News Channel, appearing during the 7am hour of Fox & Friends. Jackson, an outspoken liberal and the eldest daughter of the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, most recently hosted middays at Midway Broadcasting urban news/talk WVON-AM (1450). Although she’s been off the air (and off the station’s payroll) since December, the door is open for her to return via syndication. “I have a great deal of respect for Santita and think she’s extremely talented,” said Melody Spann Cooper, chairman of Midway Broadcasting and general manager of WVON. “If she ever were to get a syndication deal, I would love to put her on in the evening.” Perri Small, who’s been filling Jackson’s former 9am-to-noon slot since December, is expected to be named her permanent replacement. But Cooper said it’s not official yet — despite a change to that effect on WVON’s website. “That’s not correct,” she said. “I would say it’s likely, but it’s still a little premature because it has not happened.”
Katie Couric ignored Palin and her debut in Katie’s old seat. She now hosts GMA. Sarah seemed fired up. I taped her debut but have not watched it yet. Had to leave early this am and I have a hot yoga class tonight. Gotta keep the yoga booty going LOL.
And in case you were unaware a person keeps the title for life once elected to any office or if they have earned a degree such as MD they are always referred to as Doctor even if retired. BTW only MDs are doctors the PhDs are “doctors of philosophy” but not doctors. They hold a doctorate–
MD means medical doctor no other degree says that.
And within the first few minutes of NBC’s popular morning program, it was clear that Palin had a strategy for handling the show that was once hosted by Couric – plenty of self-deprecating humor. By contrast, Couric’s approach was to completely ignore Palin; she made no reference to the 2008 race or her blockbuster interview with the then-vice presidential candidate that many credited with dooming the GOP ticket.
The first glimpse viewers of the “Today” show got of Palin was her head buried behind an open newspaper.
“Oh, man, she’s doing her homework!” co-host Matt Lauer said.
Halle and Olivier star in Dark Tide a new movie that comes out today March 30 and one that probably sucks.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2122580/Yes-know-engaged-Halle-Berry-help-flaunt-emerald-sparkler-fiance-Olivier-Martin.html
And just two weeks ago the French actor confirmed that they are indeed planning to tie the knot.
Martinez was at the opening of his new restaurant Villa Azur in South Beach when he spoke of the happy news.
‘Yes, of course it’s true,’ the 46-year-old told The Miami Herald proudly.
But Martinez also wanted to dispel a report from a jeweller who had been bragging he had designed the ring for the bride-to-be.
- Olivier Martinez confirms engagement to Halle Berry – Washington Post (blog) (washingtonpost.com)
- Halle Berry Engaged to Olivier Martinez!!! (binsidetv.net)
- It’s Official! Halle Berry & Olivier Martinez Are Gettin’ Hitched! (pinkisthenewblog.com)
I had to delete my taped recording of UP this weekend. Chris Hayes, Jewish, usually has a blend of Jews, gentiles and blacks on his show. But Ezra Klein, Jewish, who filled in for him this weekend had a weekend panel composed entirely of Jews and one silent black on the panel, only on Sunday.
The pattern continues with the blacks who appear on UP, including McWhorter whom I like despite his being married to a NY Jew, was also silent. He added one short comment during a two-hour show!
UP has sold out to Jewish interests already and I won’t be watching it. Now Melissa in turn had the same Ezra on her show! This Jew is everywhere. I don’t get it why have token blacks on your shows who will not be adding anything but color and fill it up with Jews who take over the whole show again with little to add to it?
Cable is getting scary again.
The first of his stories, “Today, Steve is 25” was published in February 2007, 10 months after the Pikesville meeting.
That process of reporting and writing has been made into a documentary film, “Standing Silent,” directed by Scott Rosenfelt and now being shown at film festivals across the country. Partially funded by a Sundance Institute grant, it details how Jacobs, an Orthodox Jew himself, has been credited with — and criticized for — uncovering a painful secret in Baltimore’s Orthodox community.
- New Documentary About Sexual Abuse In Baltimore’s Orthodox Community (lukeford.net)
- A Jewish convert to Orthodoxy in 1897 [Ein jüdischer Konvertit zur Orthodoxen Kirche im Jahr 1897] (consensuspatrum.wordpress.com)
I still have HBO because I wanted to see Game Change. I thought it was damn good. Yes Moore nails Palin to the political wall. Julianne Moore will probably win a bunch of awards for her portrayal of Sarah Palin. I thought it was pitch perfect.
Were there ugly things about Palin that surfaced you betcha. I was going to read the book Game Change but I found it a bit boring. The movie was not boring and it wass not over the top critical of Palin either.
She looked beautiful, defiant and a pure rouge. I loved the movie and watched and recorded it. The critics wonder why the whole film focussed on Palin that is a good question. They should have called it The Palin Plan.
However, it was well done. You usually have to duck when two Jewish men go after your life story and worry will it be about revisionism. I think the movie was better than the book at least about Sarah.
Andrew Breitbart may no longer be with us, but his film legacy has yet to be written.The Hollywood Reporter says two films featuring Breitbart are currently in production and could allow the late Internet publisher to have the last word on media bias during this critical election year.
The filmmakers of both movies are vague about their distribution and marketing plans, no doubt mindful that their efforts could be perceived as callous attempts to profit from tragedy. Therefore, it’s difficult to predict which movie will hit screens first.
The first one conceived, though, is called “Hating Breitbart,” which began two-and-a-half years ago when a camera crew started shadowing their subject at events like Tea Party rallies, where he’d whip like-minded activists into a frenzy with his fiery oratory, as well as Occupy Wall Street protests, where he’d elicit – appropriately, given the title of the film – tremendously hateful responses to his mere presence.
- Obama ‘assassinated’ Breitbart for this? (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Where are the OTHER Breitbart Videos? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Hating Breitbart’ trailer: The late conservative crusader gets in the last word… ‘War’ (insidemovies.ew.com)
Yes it is a big deal to wear your own hair. I would love to wear my hair natural and out but because I have students who are not home trained they make fun of teachers who are not like them or white. In the summer I wear my hair natural and down and love it. Way to go Viola. Chicago women wear more natural hair than other climes.
- Monday’s Muse – Viola Davis (sassncurlz.com)
- Viola Davis Wears Green Vera Wang For the Oscars Red Carpet (popsugar.com)
[Udpated 10:43 a.m.] A student at Chardon High School, Evan Erasmus, told CNN affiliate WEWS-TV that the suspect in Monday’s shootings may have posted a threatening message Sunday night on the social networking service Twitter.
“I think he said that he was going to bring a gun to school and I think that everyone just blew it off like he was joking,” Erasmus said.
- Breaking News: Officials Evacuate Students Following Shooting At Ohio High School (bossip.com)
- Four students shot at Ohio high school (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Live Stream: Coverage And Updates Of Ohio School Shooting (mediaite.com)