Andrew Breitbart may no longer be with us, but his film legacy has yet to be written.The Hollywood Reporter says two films featuring Breitbart are currently in production and could allow the late Internet publisher to have the last word on media bias during this critical election year.
The filmmakers of both movies are vague about their distribution and marketing plans, no doubt mindful that their efforts could be perceived as callous attempts to profit from tragedy. Therefore, it’s difficult to predict which movie will hit screens first.
The first one conceived, though, is called “Hating Breitbart,” which began two-and-a-half years ago when a camera crew started shadowing their subject at events like Tea Party rallies, where he’d whip like-minded activists into a frenzy with his fiery oratory, as well as Occupy Wall Street protests, where he’d elicit – appropriately, given the title of the film – tremendously hateful responses to his mere presence.
- Obama ‘assassinated’ Breitbart for this? (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Where are the OTHER Breitbart Videos? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ‘Hating Breitbart’ trailer: The late conservative crusader gets in the last word… ‘War’ (insidemovies.ew.com)
Who knew? I am not surprised. But this is not news just documented what most Americans already know—if it quacks like a liberal it probably is one i.e., a hidden one.
The book makes the case that TV industry executives, writers and producers use their clout to advance a liberal political agenda. The author bases his thesis on, among other things, 39 taped interviews that he’ll roll out piecemeal during the next three weeks.
The Hollywood Reporter obtained several of the not-yet-released clips. Each contains a snippet of an interview, usually some historical footage of the TV shows the interviewee was responsible for and, naturally, a plea to purchase the book, “Primetime Propaganda” by Ben Shapiro and published by Broad Side, an imprint of HarperCollins.
In one video, “Friends” co-creator Marta Kauffman says that when she cast Candace Gingrich-Jones, half-sister of Republican former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, as the minister of a lesbian wedding, “There was a bit of [a middle finger] in it to the right wing.”
- “Primetime Propaganda” (powerlineblog.com)
- TV Is Biased and That’s a Good Thing (macleans.ca)
- Audio: More of what Hollywood really thinks about conservatives (hotair.com)
- Interviewing Ben Shapiro On His New Book, “Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV.” (rightwingnews.com)